Monday, June 20, 2011

The Fears of Grocery Shopping

Ok, so this is my FIRST week to COUPON & I am extremely nervous. I have a million things running through my head, "Will I remember everything I learned in class?" This is the first time I have ever been so nervous about something so minor. The first store I chose to experiment with was PUBLIX, thank God, I went during the time of day where I was 1 of 3 people in the store :) To prepare for my first mini grocery trip, I checked the Sunday circulars for coupons, went online and viewed each selected stores' coupon policy as well as their sale paper and compared them to my coupon binder filled with coupons I had recently collected.

Tip 1: Make sure to have your coupon binder organized so that you can find your coupons easily.
Couponing does not take all day to collect the items you need, just time and patience once you begin to understand how it really works. Yes, I spent hours on top of hours trying to figure out, "Is this really worth the hassle," but later realized it's short and straight to the point if you know what you're doing.

Tip 2: Choose only the stores you would like to purchase your items.
My problem with beginning couponing was thinking about all the stores and their sales instead of focusing on the store I was shopping at for the day / week.

Tip 3: Set a Budget and stick to it!
I am very price conscious so I set a budget and roll with it. If I went over a few dollars, cool, but I wasn't too worried.

Conclusion: Applying all the tips I learned from couponing class (not included in this article) assured me that this is definitely a hobby that has to be practiced before entering for the TLC show, "Extreme Couponing" - lol. My first grocery spree as a "couponer" I saved $18.54 at Publix & $38.99 at CVS (photos of items attached).

Have A Wonderful Week & Remember, "Saving Leads to Prosperity"


No comments:

Post a Comment